3. Side-Plank with T Raise
Works: Side delts, core stability
Anthony: With this move, you’re changing the angle to maximize rear-delt recruitment. Your shoulders will feel fried, but they won’t be the only muscles pushed to the max. Adding a balance element, you’ll also give your core muscles a killer workout.
• Place one hand on the bench and walk your feet out, spacing them slightly farther apart than shoulder-width.
• Drop your hips so your body forms a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
• Grasp a dumbbell in one hand on the ground by your side, palm facing in (A).
• Keeping your entire body rigid, raise your arm up and out to your side by contracting your delt muscle.
• Continue this movement until your arm is parallel to the floor and aligned with your shoulder.
• Hold for a moment before slowly lowering to the start.
• Repeat for reps, then switch sides.
Tip: Avoid dropping your working shoulder—keep both shoulders parallel to the floor.